Monday, January 6, 2014
4 Week Jungle Fit New Year Challenge!
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had an excellent holiday season filled with fun and lots of love! I'm sure you all had an excellent time, I'm sure some of you indulged in a few treats here and there, and I'm sure some of you indulged in a little bit more than just a few treats! If this sounds like you, than fear not! Jungle Fit has you covered so that you can kick your new year off to a great start and get to work on shedding some of those holiday pounds you may have accumulated!
For the next 4 weeks, all the way until January 31st, myself and all my clients will be participating in the Jungle Fit New Year Challenge! It's simple to participate, costs you nothing, and it's a sure fire way to get you set for a whole new year! Here are the details ....
First, take a photo of yourself without a shirt on, in a bikini, or in your underwear ... don't worry! No one other than you needs to see this picture! Step on a scale and write your weight down. Again, no one needs to know this number other than you. Do NOT weigh yourself or take more photos until the end of the 4 week challenge!
For the next four weeks you will:
- Eat only a Paleo Diet, this means only fresh fruits/veggies, real meat, nuts/seeds, and healthy fats such as coconut oil, olive oil, almond butter etc. Avoid all grains, dairy, and processed foods! If you're looking for recipes to help you eat paleo, simply search them on google, or you can follow this link to a website full of them!
- 1x a week you may allow yourself a meal that does not fall into the Paleo method of eating. Choose wisely because you only get 1 per week. It helps to plan this meal on a specific day so you have something to look forward to, also planning them around special events will help you as well and goes a long way when you're looking to keep your nutrition on track.
- You must intermittent fast 2-4x per week depending on how comfortable you are with fasting. It's rather simple, set a window of time around 8 hours during the day where you can eat, keep all your food paleo, eat when you're hungry and stop when you're satisfied. The other 16 hours are spent not eating at all. This means no liquid sugar calories as well! Drink water, tea, or bullet proof coffee! For example, I start my fast at 9pm and don't eat until 1pm the next day. From there I have a window of time where I can eat from 1pm-9pm. That's 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of feeding. As you can see, a lot of that fasted state is time when I am sleeping, so it's not as difficult as it may sound!
- Alcohol is kept to a minimum or none at all! If you must drink, stick to only rum or tequila mixed with soda water (or regular water) with some limes/lemons. Again, no alcohol is preferable.
- You will workout 4x per week. It doesn't matter what days or how you set it up, just get those workouts in and get them done! Remember, total body workouts that involve pushing, pressing, lunging, squatting, and pulling are what your workouts should be based around at all times. The Jungle Fit YouTube channel is full of free workouts for you to check out!
At the end of the 4 weeks you will take another photo of yourself in the same place you took the first photo, in the same way you took the first photo. Next, you will weigh yourself again. Now you'll have some before and after photo's as well as the numbers on the scale to compare to each other. I believe without a doubt, you'll very happy with the results you'll have produced! You may now share them if you feel comfortable and keep them for further motivation!
And there you have it folks! That's all that is involved with the Jungle Fit New Year Challenge. So get to it ASAP and get the new year started with a sharper, focused, and fit new you! Remember to check back on this blog and the Jungle Fit Facebook often for workouts and advice that will help you along the way during these next four weeks! Please feel free to post on the Jungle Fit Facebook page as well for support during the challenge and to have your questions answered! Good luck and I know you can do it!