I've been on a bit of a smoothie bowl kick, the last one I posted was a delicious berry and spinach recipe. However, this smoothie bowl I'm talking about today is a little heavier, a little richer, and it tastes so good it could almost be a dessert! I'm not kidding.
This Coconut & Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl is loaded with great fats and it only takes a minute to make. The ingredients are simple, and you can use just about any toppings you enjoy. It's the kind of meal you can throw together in a pinch and it will keep you satisfied for hours.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 1 Banana
- 1-2 tbls natural almond butter (cashew butter, or peanut butter could work too)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (use more or less to your liking)
- Toppings (I used cocoa nibs, toasted coconut, and chia seeds. You could use other toppings like sunflower seeds, pecans, pumpkin seeds etc.)
Here's How To Put It Together:
- In a blender, add your banana, almond butter, coconut milk, and just enough water to make the mixture blend
- Blend until it's all smooth
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl
- Sprinkle on your favourite toppings! I used toasted coconut, cocoa nibs, and chia seeds